Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tammy - Sweet Angel of Mine

Not a day goes by without my thinking of this gorgeous girl.  It's been 5 years since she died.  She was all skin and bone when I took her away from her abusive family, and she turned out to be my dog soul mate.


A big hug


Illegal driver


Queen Tammy


I love water


Water nymph


I wrote her this poem when I lost her:
Tammy
Sweet Angel of Mine

Sweet Baby Girl, Sweet Angel of mine
You blessed my life, for a moment in time
You came to me, a gift from Above
You filled my life with happiness and love.

You started off all skin and bones
And ended up a Queen on a throne
The children waved and called your name,
You loved to be a part of their game.

You grew into a giant force
Some even called you ‘a little horse’
You had a presence we could not ignore
A precious dog we all adored.

You loved the car, wind in your face
The driver’s seat, you thought your place
People stopped to point and laugh
And even take a photograph.

You loved to run and play and swim
The biggest, wildest water nymph
You pruned the roses, thorns and all,
You chewed the trees and mowed the lawn.

You followed me all over the place
Who could resist that beautiful face?
You were so loyal, so strong and true
A better friend, I couldn’t ask of you.

Your purpose here, so clearly defined
To help me through some trying times
You’ve gone I know, but I’ll be fine

Sweet Baby Girl, Sweet Angel of mine.



1 comment:

Helen Brink said...

melted my heart thanks for sharing!!!we have lab called Archie and can't imagine going through that!