FEATURING BEAU THE FRENCHIE as my first fun blog for a new beginning.

 After many years of being unable to blog due to a glitch with Blogspot, I was delighted when I decided to give it one last try today, to see that it seems to be working once again. My abrupt end to blogging the last time was due to the Blogspot platform not working and my not being able to transfer my content to a new platform.  If I ever stop blogging again, it will be due to an issue of sorts and not a lack of interest or enthusiasm.

Prince Albert is an exceptional little Karoo town and it just keeps on improving.  As we now have so many exciting events taking place over the coming year (most of which will repeat annually), I have decided that I'll definitely be blogging again.  So watch this space. Future blogs are going to be about what is happening in and around Prince Albert.

Today I'd like to introduce you to Beau the Frenchie.  In the past, I have always been a Great Dane person, but after losing my last boy Finn, I decided that I would not be getting another one right away.  I got Beau two years ago, when Finn was still alive, and they were just beautiful together.  For those of you who remember Bentley, he lived to the ripe old age of 12, which is phenomenal for a Great Dane.  His side-kick Bailey the brak, passed away about two months ago at almost 16 years old.

Beau gets on just as well with my cats as the Danes did and it is really very sweet to watch their interactions. 

French Bulldogs can be fraught with health issues.  My beautiful Beau has none of the typical Frenchie issues, however, the poor boy has epilepsy and is therefore on very strong medication.  Once I began to talk about his epilepsy to people, it turns out that 15 other people who live in this town plus other friends from further afield, tell me that they have had dogs with epilepsy.  All these dogs were of different breeds, and two were unknown mixes. When we were kids growing up, our animals were never sick.  Vets were there for neutering, accidents, and putting old pets to sleep.  In those days we fed our pets human food, and they also lived so much longer than they do today.  Once Beau started with epilepsy, I decided to keep him off dog foods altogether.  

Enjoy my Beau, and I look forward to a new journey with you on Karoo Hues.


Baby Beau and the late Finn.


Beau and Finn.


Beau


Beau


Beau



Beau


Beau


The late Bentley and Bailey


Comments

Popular Posts