Friday, May 17, 2013

WATERKOP - AN 'ECO-ESTATE' ON THE EDGE OF TOWN


From Waterkop looking towards town.  3km by road.


Looking towards the valley.



Looking towards the river.


Looking towards the koppies.


True Karoo.


Adjoining farmland.


Wide open spaces.


'On a clear day I can see forever...'


In the distance, 2 of the 4 houses built within the estate.





I spent a day here at one of the houses for a show day, and I can honestly say it was the most beautiful day I have spent in Prince Albert.  There was total silence from man made noise.  I could not even hear the two vehicles that passed by from neighboring properties.  There was just the land, the sky, the birds and little creatures, and me.  It was the middle of summer, and a gentle breeze kept bringing more and more fresh air. Between viewers, I read a book and felt at total peace.  The owners since decided to pull their home off the market and rather extend it, than move.

There are still a number of these plots for sale in Waterkop.  Plots average 5 Ha and the price average is around R500 000.  
Email me: princealbert@seeff.com

No comments: